Behrents Endodontic Specialists
Our philanthropy this quarter is the Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter. They recently were on the verge of shutting their doors due to limited funds but the Northwest Arkansas community pulled together and save them from closing! We are glad to help by bringing awareness and financial aid to this organization because there are so many people that are affected by violence every day.
Jul 13th, 2016 9:38 am
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter
The Behrents had a blast last Saturday at the 24th Annual Dogwood Walk at Gulley Park, hosted by the Humane Society of the Ozarks. There were lots of pups, vendors and families enjoying the great event, especially the face painting!
May 9th, 2016 8:49 am
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on The 24th Annual Dogwood Walk
Supporting the Humane Society of the Ozarks this quarter and looking forward to the Dogwood Walk this coming weekend at Gulley Park! Check out their Facebook page for more information.
May 2nd, 2016 2:23 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Humane Society of the Ozarks
For #earthday, we are sharing multiple ways that you can #green your office. Some of these can be implemented at home to help take your eco-friendly lifestyle a step further. Check it out and share with us the ways your office/home is already green.
Actions speak louder than words!
- More Work with Less Energy
- Optimize energy settings on computers/devices
- Completely shut down devices at the end of the day
- Use smart power strips to shut down trickle power
- Unplug devices used occasionally
- Turn off lights in areas not being used
- Install air curtains on doors
- Save as much paper as possible
- Do more online, less printing
- Review documents
- Send emails instead of letters
- Scan documents and send electronically
- Online files instead of paper ones
- Call unwanted magazines and be removed off mailing list
- Don’t go Overboard with Paper
- Use recycled paper
- Recycle the paper you HAVE to use
- Use dry erase boards or scratch paper for notes
- Choose double-sided printing
- Reuse packages, boxes and used shredded waste paper as packing material
- Green your Transportation
- Carpool, use public transportation, bike, walk or combo
- Look into hybrid or electric vehicles, motorcycles or scooters
- Green Clothing
- Shop thrift store clothes instead of buying new
- If you buy new, look for organic or recycled fabrics
- Avoid those that need dry cleaned but if necessary, find a “green” dry cleaners
- Work from Home
- Use more texting, phone/video conferencing, web casts
- Take online classes
- Save about 20% of time and energy and cut back on vehicle pollution
- Consider working four, ten hour days instead of five, eight hour ones
- Use Green Materials
- Use recycled/reusable instead of disposable
- Use soy-based inks
- Use refillable or biodegradable soaps
- Buy in bulk to cut down on packing and shipping energy
- Recycle your printer cartridges
- Use toothbrushes with replaceable heads for less plastic destined for the landfill
- Redesign the Workspace
- Have easily accessible recycling bins
- Post signs to encourage conservation
- Recycled fabrics, incandescent bulbs, natural daylight (improves productivity and satisfaction)
- Good ventilation and indoor plants help the air stay clean and keeps employee’s happy
- Lunch Time
- Use reusable containers, plates, utensils and napkins
- If ordering out, join others for bigger/bulk orders
- Walk or bike to lunch instead of driving
- Get Others in on the Act
- Share tips with others
- Arrange carpools to events
- Purchase fair trade/organic coffee for break room
- Use custom reusable mugs/glasses from home
- Bring your lunch from home
- Turn off water when you are brushing your teeth
- Encourage support and sustainability awareness
- Install low flow faucets (can get from Source Gas free)
- Put a brick in the toilet tank so save water
- Install programmable thermostats
- Use timers while on vacation
- Use motion censored lighting when available
- Purchase energy star rated appliances and computers
At Behrents Endodontic Specialists, we have implemented many of these ways into our office, but we are always looking to become more efficient and implement more.
The Chamber of Commerce has a greeNWAy certification that businesses can get by doing business the GREEN way. See the link below if you are interested in learning more about this certification or to get other ideas on “greening” your office or home.
“Be the Change That You Want to See in the World” ~Gandhi
Apr 21st, 2016 1:45 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on EARTH DAY Needs to be Every Day!
The AAOMS states oral and pharyngeal cancer (cancer of the mouth and upper throat) collectively kills nearly one person every hour of every day of the year. Of the people newly diagnosed with these cancers, only about 60% will live longer than 5 years.
Apr 6th, 2016 12:49 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month!
SUPPORTS endodontists as root canal specialists
EDUCATES patients about the benefits of root canal treatment
DISPELS myths about root canal treatment
BUILDS relationships with other dental professionals
Mar 28th, 2016 6:45 am
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on It’s ROOT CANAL AWARENESS WEEK!
Mar 25th, 2016 10:38 am
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on GUESS WHAT?!?!
UAFS Dental Students Help Polk County Youths!
Polk County and the University of Arkansas continue to partner up to provide sealants for youth in the area. There are many reasons it is hard to get access to dental care in southern Arkansas but with this partnership, they were able to provide service for over 80 youths this last month. Many of the youth were bussed in from nearby schools. This partnership has provided this service for about 15 years and it is a great opportunity for the U of A students to get practical experience while providing preventative work for the youth. The students are positive role models for dental health and this partnership has helped increase dental health awareness to many.
Mar 3rd, 2016 8:14 am
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on WIN WIN for all!
We’ve had a couple sincere reviews this week we had to share: Hopefully this can help relieve our other patients’ anxiety…
“You can expect to be highly recommended. I have NEVER had such a great experience at the dentist as I did at your office, from front office girls to dental assistants to Dr. Nathaniel. Thank you so much. P.S. I don’t even have a mark where the IV was. Very happy today.” ~DB
“I experience A LOT of anxiety related to dental procedures, and I was extremely nervous about this appointment. However, the staff and doctor did an excellent job making me feel as comfortable as possible. Except for the pain as the anesthesia was wearing off (which I treated with 800mg of Advil per the doctor’s recommendation), I began to feel better almost immediately, and I feel even better today. I also really appreciated the call this morning from one of your staff members checking up on me! In all, it was a good experience, especially given my anxiety leading up to the appointment.” ~JC
Feb 25th, 2016 1:16 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Testimonials that make a difference:
We love feedback from our patients. There is always room to improve! Here are some kind words from a few recent patients:
“Top notch treatment from the way the staff treated me to the operation itself. I’ve not been to any dental office before with this level of service.” ~SH “I appreciated you for giving me an appointment as soon as possible and doing the root canal on the same day. I can not believe how good the tooth feels now. Thanks again.” ~KF “I really liked this office for this procedure. If I ever need another root canal, and I hope I don’t, I would like to come here.” ~TM “Very positive experience. Minimal pain the day of the procedure. This morning, the day following the procedure, there is pain when I lightly bite down on any food, however it does not seem to be sensitive to heat/cold.” ~KS “You are always such a pleasure to work with and love coming to your office. The staff is so friendly and the doctors actually care for their patients. The care received in the office is superb and would recommend anyone that needs these services to come to your office!” ~JR “The procedure went extremely well. I have had other root canal treatments and this exceeded my expectations. It was easier than my last cavity fill.” ~RM
Feb 16th, 2016 1:35 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on How are we doing?