MICRO-SURGICAL (APICO) POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Your local anesthesia will wear off in 2-4 hours. It is normal to feel tenderness in the treated area for the next couple of days. However, if you experience any swelling, fever, chills or discomfort, such as a continuing dull ache lasting for longer than 1 week, please call us.
- Take medications as prescribed. (Do not use any medication that your physician, pharmacist, etc. had advised you not take.) Please follow manufacturer’s instructions and discontinue alcohol use with medications. Take any/all routine medications as directed by your physician. Immediately stop using any drug that causes stomach upset or allergic reactions including hives, rash, facial swelling, asthma, or wheezing. Seek immediate medical attention if any complications arise.
- Please rest and avoid strenuous activities for the remainder of the day.
- Apply ice to the surgical site for 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off, for 6 hours after surgery. Applications after this period will have only a slight benefit.
- Eat meals at regular intervals but avoid food that may traumatize the incision site. Avoid spicy and hot (temperature) foods. Good foods are eggs, soup, pancakes, milkshakes or yogurt. Sleep with 2 pillows to slightly elevate your head during the first night.
- We will send a report that includes x-rays to your general dentist.
- If a specimen was sent to the pathologist, you will receive a statement from Oral Pathology Consultants.
Regular Office Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:30am-4:30pm, Fri 8:30am-2pm Fayetteville Office Phone Number 479-445-6884
Dr. Nate’s cell phone: 479-313-5419
Dr. Katherine’s cell phone: 479-313-5418
Dr. Townsend’s cell phone: 870-543-9626
If you reach the doctor’s voicemail, speak slowly and leave your phone number twice. If the doctor has not called back within one hour, please call again. Before calling, have your pharmacy number available in case the doctor needs to call in a prescription.